Elena Detta, Dr. rer. nat.
Position: Postdoctoral researcher
Room no.: C1-01-427
Telephone no.: +49 231 755 7098
Member of the group since: 01/2023
University degree: Ph.D. Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry - University Rovira I Virgili, Tarragona, Spain
Expertise: Cheminformatics and drug design; small molecule library synthesis; DNA-encoded library chemistry
Off-Lab activities (hobbies): Pencil drawing and sketching, reading novels and backpack travelling
Research projects: Responsible for the design, synthesis and screening of DNA-encoded libraries as part of a Wellcome Trust funded project, aiming at establishing a unique academic open access screening resource. Responsible of the development of innovative strategies for DEL hit validation to discover novel small molecules targeting protein-protein interactions.
- Early Stage Researcher – Horizon 2020 Marie-Sklodowska-Curie European Industrial Training Network (ITN) “VIROFLOW” – AiCuris Anti-infective Cures AG and Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ).
- M.Sc. Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Technology - La Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
- WO/2020/221811 - Novel oxalyl piperazines active against the hepatitis B virus (HBV) WO/2020/221824 - Novel indolizine-2-carboxamides active against the hepatitis B virus (HBV)
- Lessing, A., Detta, E., Scheuermann, J., Brunschweiger, A. (2022). Barcoding Strategies for the Synthesis of Genetically Encoded Chemical Libraries. In: Brunschweiger, A., Young, D.W. (eds) DNA-Encoded Libraries. Topics in Medicinal Chemistry, vol 40. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/7355_2022_146
- “Structure-based Design of Novel Hepatitis B Virus Capsid Assembly Modulators”, Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett, manuscript submitted (February 2023)